Sunday, January 2, 2011

The New Year

Happy new year?


I went to New Year's mass at church and as I sat there, I was surprised that I was not filled with hopeful, joyous thoughts, but thoughts of so many people and events that has let me down in the past year. During the homily, Father John also mentioned that he, too, felt a moment of letting down a few days ago. Then, he felt the voice of Christ say to him, "Am I not enough?" It was then I realized, I can't put myself down for all of the world's mishaps and holding such high expectations for the world to be peachy. I'm not being negative or pessimistic; I'm simply being more realistic and less naivete. I can't hold such high expectations for everyone in my life and feel so let down when its not met, then continue to place that blame on myself. It's not fair to others and mostly to myself. I want to find more satisfaction and peace in the most purest and simplest thing in life - Christ's love.

I decided to be BOLD and dare to set a few New Year's Resolutions.
1.
Jeff: If you could have anything in the world, what would it be? A Plane?
me: no, too big and high maintenance. I don't even know how to fly it.
Jeff: A house?
me: no, I want to be able to pick up and move anytime I want.
Jeff: Then, what?
me: An Cybex Arc Trainer :)

I'm UNDERWEIGHT. I am not one of those girls that prides themselves in fitting into size 0s and being able to stroke their collar bones. I'm thin and not happily thin. I don't want to run to a McDonald's and fat myself on Big Macs. I want to gain weight the right way - by gaining more muscle. I lost 10 pounds this semester and I want to get is back in muscles.... so I am getting on my Cybex Arc Trainer (not personally mine, but at the gym).



2. I want to eat more of the foods I ENJOY eating - not just something that fills me up. I love eating, I love cooking, and I love good company. Therefore, I vow to take the time to cook and eat around people I love more often this year. I started off on the right foot on the first day of January by cooking my favourite - PASTA - for my mom and sister. Fresh ingredients, best company - who can as for more? Well... the taste needs work, but it wasn't THAT bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment