Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Now, now.

Long time no post!
So I'll cut to the chase and state my latest obsessions. S knows all about it and I am not ashamed (well maybe slightly) to admit that I am obsessed with BAGS lately! Beautiful leather, big, functional, bags.
Okay, so throw in shoes, food, and tailored garments in there as well.

Just recently added to my collection the YSL Muse II in grey and black and to be honest, though this was the bag I thought about everyday for the past 5 months... I still have yet to fall in love with it. It's gorgeous, yes. But, the functionality of the bag is questionable. Stiff top handle is difficult to "handle" and the brass clasp that embellishes the front flap beautifully does not want to stay shut. For the size of the bag, it should be able to hold that much, but it doesn't seem like the weight is supported by its structure. So the ultimate question in Architecture arises - is beauty defined by its looks or for its ability to function?



MaxMara Men's Bag. Okay, so don't do it unless you're gay and or European. But if you are one or both of those, I would adore you to carry this black beauty. It's just stunning, right?!


A girl can NEVER, I repeat NEVER, go wrong with Chloe. Their usage of beautifully pleated and gathered chiffon was my inspiration for my past Museum of the Diaspora design project. I thought Chloe was in big trouble after losing Phoebe Philo, but Hannah MacGibbon has raised the House of Chloe, again. The flawless details in her work are exquisite. Clothing aside, their footwear stepped it up a notch this season (geez I am full of puns today!)


Speaking of Phoebe Philo - she has left Chloe for better grounds at Celine. Something obviously sparked her brilliant mind again because this season, Celine has hit every button from their luggage, to tote, to box satchel.

LV on left (meh) and Celine on right (!)

It's this season's must and when I saw the first runway show featuring the Celine luggage I died! MK has one. Enough said.
But, one of my pet peeves is girls holding their purses on their forearm with their arm jutting out into the void like they don't know it's in everyone's way. That paired with heels is just the worst combination as they endeavor the "strut" but simply waddle and their jutting arm holding the weight of the ginormous It bag waves like an incompetent soul back and forth. Harsh? Degrading the beauty of the bag and making yourself look like a fashion nightmare.... I think I'm just being honest.
The handles are not big enough to toss over your shoulder like a tote, so use it as a luggage people, or learn how to walk with one gracefully, please.

Celine Luggage Mini in Blue


Don't forget the Mulberry Alexa, and Proenza Schouler. Ba-na-nas...

Hot weather is back, so another It trend at the moment (and my face) are seasonal Fruits!
Shaved Ice, fruits, sweetened condensed milk, and little bit of jam. Stir, and Enjoy!




Vogue's article on Phoebe's return:

No comments:

Post a Comment